Congratulations to Matthew M from grade 3, he was the winner of our June Father’s Day Raffle. The prize was a Supreme BBQ Gift Set with many accessories.
As per the Diocese of Brooklyn and NYS DOHMH:
At this time, there are no New York State requirements for COVID vaccines for children to attend our Catholic Elementary Academies and Parish Schools in Brooklyn and Queens.
Parents are encouraged to make the decision that is right for each child and family, following regulations and guidance from their medical provider.
Congratulations to Ashley T from Kindergarten, she was the winner of our May raffle. Her prize was a Nintendo Switch with games and an Alexa tablet.
Effective immediately, the Diocese of Brooklyn is adopting the NYSDOH and Governor Cuomo’s Face Mask Policy change. (Please See Below).
Faculty, staff and students will no longer be required to wear face masks outdoors on Catholic Academy and Parish School Property.
The Indoor Face Mask Policy from NYSDOH remains in effect at this time.
For Immediate Release: 6/7/2021
GOVERNOR ANDREW M. CUOMO
*EXTERNAL TO GT*
GOVERNOR CUOMO ANNOUNCES SCHOOL DISTRICTS CAN ALLOW STUDENTS TO REMOVE MASKS OUTDOORS
Guidance on Mask Use Indoors Remains in Place
Change Aligns Summer Camp Guidance with School Guidance
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced that school districts can choose to lift the requirement that their students must wear masks outdoors. Guidance on mask use indoors remains in place. This change aligns New York State’s guidance on schools with CDC guidance on summer camps, where even unvaccinated students are not currently required to wear masks outdoors.
“The numbers show that the risk of transmission by children is extremely low, especially in this state, which has an extremely low positivity rate. We spoke with the CDC, and since they’re not going to change their guidance for several weeks in New York State, we’re going to modify the CDC guidance and allow schools to choose no mask outside for children,” Governor Cuomo said. “We’ll leave that up to the local school district and we spoke to the CDC, which has no objection. It’s very important that people understand the logic between these decisions and that they’re rational and based on the science and the data. We have a disconnect right now between the school guidance and the camp guidance, and it’s important to rectify it because if people don’t think the rules are logical, then they’re not going to want to follow the rules.”
Governor Cuomo announced that NYS will adopt the new CDC guidelines for Masks and Social Distance for fully vaccinated individuals.
Please Note: At this time, Schools are exempt from these new CDC guidelines so the Mask Policy and Social Distance Protocols remain in place for all schools.
Full information can be found at
The winner of our Mother’s Day Raffle was Ava L – Grade 4. Her mom won a Serenity Day Spa Ultimate Spa Package and a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses.
Congratulations to Nicholas B – Grade 2 the winner of our spring raffle. He won a Lenovo Chromebook. Thank to all our participants for supporting St. Helen Catholic Academy.
- Travelers must immediately self-isolate if any symptoms develop and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing. Otherwise, there is no quarantine requirement
- International Travelers must comply with CDC requirements, which currently include proof of negative test or recent COVID recovery in order to board airplanes headed to the US. Travelers must complete the NYS Department of Health traveler health form.
- Currently CDC does not require quarantine, work furlough, or testing requirements for asymptomatic international travelers. New York follows that recommendation with the following exceptions:
- Fully vaccinated individuals who have not recovered from COVID-19 in the past 3 months are recommended to get tested 3-5 days after arrival in New York from international travel.
- All unvaccinated international travelers who have not recovered from COVID-19 in the past 3 months are recommended to get tested 3-5 days after arrival in New York, consider non-mandated self-quarantine (7 days if tested on day 3-5, otherwise 10 days), and avoid contact with people at higher risk for severe disease for 14 days, regardless of test result.
NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory Effective April 1st
Domestic travelers will no longer be required to quarantine after entering New York from another U.S. State or U.S. Territory starting April 1st. Until that time, the NYS Travel Advisory is still in effect.
The Office of the Superintendent of Schools for the Diocese of Brooklyn has expanded the International Travel Advisory to include all International Travel.
Full Information on the NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory can be found at https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
Please Note: As per the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (NYC DOHMH) schools can implement safety and health protocols that go above the NYS DOHMH and NYC DOHMH required safety and health protocols.
Updated Quarantine Guidance: