Partial tuition assistance for the 2022-23 school year is available through Futures in Education.
Financial aid is available for eligible students in grades K to 8 who attend a Catholic Academy or Parish School within the Diocese of Brooklyn. Families must meet financial eligibility requirements to be considered.
FACTS is a third-party vendor selected by Futures in Education to conduct fair and confidential financial need assessments. To learn more about Futures in Education, please visit futuresineducation.org.
Policy and Procedures
- Payments are to be made using FACTS Tuition Management. The payments will be made for ten consecutive months, beginning July 1 and ending April 1.
- There is an annual fee of $30.00 per family if paying monthly to be added to the total tuition and divided over the ten payments.
- All payments are due on or before the 1st day of each month.
- There is a fee of $40.00 for any payment received ON OR AFTER THE 15th DAY OF THE MONTH. Please include this late fee when your tuition will not get to us in time.
- If there is going to be a late payment, or if there is a serious economic hardship, please contact the principal at the school and arrange an appointment to discuss and resolve the matter fairly.
- Any tuition payment in arrears for 2 months will receive a MANDATORY meeting with the Tuition Review Board. There will be no exceptions to this procedure.
- There is a $30.00 service charge on all returned checks. If a check is returned more than once, only certified check or money order will be accepted for all further payments.
- All tuition for the year is to be paid in full by April 1st.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your FACTS Management Account please contact the tuition office at 718-738-1616.
Tuition Review Board
The Tuition Review Board consists of members appointed by the Academy Board. The Tuition Review Board reports directly to the Academy Board. The purpose of the tuition review board is to assist in all matters relating to the collection of school tuition payments, and will recommend changes and improvements regarding the tuition. The Tuition Review Board also helps to maintain a uniform procedure for dealing with all delinquent accounts. The Tuition Review Board also meets with parents, by appointment, to discuss all non-payment issues.
At the time of student registration/re-registration, you are required to pay fees per child for each school year. These fees help to cover the cost of religion books, workbooks, and materials not received under the NYS Textbook Law. They also cover student insurance, computer instruction, standardized tests, Diocesan Educational Television, diocesan assessment per student, and classroom and teacher supplies. All registration/re-registration fees are non-refundable.
All St. Helen Catholic Academy families are encouraged to participate in all of our fundraising endeavors. In order to avoid significant increases in tuition, we need to meet our fundraising goals. Your understanding, participation, and cooperation in contributing to our fundraisers is expected and of the utmost importance. Participation in the following fundraisers is MANDATORY: Walkathon (Grades PK-3 – 8), Candy Sale (2 boxes per family Grades PK-3 – 8), and Field Day (Grades K-8).