Welcome to Ms. Castillo’s class page!
Welcome to Pre-K 3! We can hardly wait to get to know you. You can help us by bringing “All About Me!” worksheet by Thursday, September 24. (You can draw or glue a small family picture.) Your child will be encouraged to show and tell to his/her classmates.
Have a great weekend!
Dear Pre-K 3 Parents:
Once again, I want to welcome your son/daughter to Pre-K 3. We will be learning many things, including letter, name, number recognition and pre-writing skills. Promoting independence is very important in order to grow into successful preschoolers.
*Week of 9/14- AM Snack only*
Week of 9/21 -Please pack and label AM Snacks and PM Snacks (only needed for full day students) in separate zip-locks/paper bags. Please be sure to label ALL lunches, snacks, water cups with your child’s name.
*If your child has any allergies, please let us know.*
As we all know unexpected things happen (milk spills, not getting to the bathroom soon enough, etc) and it helps to have their own clothes on hand. We will keep them in our classroom bin. I will let you know if this happens with a note in their homework folder and put their clothes that need washing in a plastic bag in their backpack. Please also make sure you label extra clothes in gallon size zip-lock bag with their name.
We will be officially starting homework on the week of Monday, Sept. 21st. Homework packets will be given on Monday’s for you and your child to work throughout the week. Please bring back completed homework in the folder on Thursday/Friday.
Homework should take about 10-15 minutes. Please let me know if this is not the case so we can work together as to what is best for your child.
Parent/ Teacher Communication
I will be communicating with you through notes in your child’s homework folder. You can also contact me at my school email email@example.com
Contact me any time you have any questions, concerns or just want to share about your child. You and I are partners in your child’s education. I am looking forward to teaching and enriching your child’s learning experience this year!
Pre-Kindergarten 3-Year-Old Supply List
Please send the following items within the first week of school.
**Label everything with your child’s first name, last name, and class PreK-3.**
- Medium Sized Backpack
- An Insulated Lunchbox. Also, each day please send in a morning snack, if your child is a full day student also send in an afternoon snack. Separate snacks in labeled bags, AM Snack and PM Snack.
- A Water Cup/Bottle labeled with your child’s name.
- Pencil Box with a box of crayons, a paintbrush, a safety scissor, glue stick, and pencils (fatter pencils like My First Tri-write, Beginners Pencils, My First Pencil, and Ticonderoga are great for little hands and early writing) all labeled with your child’s name.
- 1 plastic folder with 2 horizontal pockets
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 2 packages of baby wipes
- 1 roll of paper towel
- 1 package of napkins
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- One small receiving blanket to be used during rest time (for full day students only).
- A complete change of clothing (including extra mask and socks) in case of any accidents. Please label each item with your child’s name. Place all clothing in a large labeled Ziplock bag.
- A Smock or an “Oversized Shirt” to be used for painting and messy projects.
- A $30.00-dollar holiday craft donation. This will cover all holiday crafts for the school year. Please make checks payable to St. Helen Catholic Academy.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!